The mission of Health Connect South is to serve the health community as a sustainable platform for regional health collaborations. Through our collective work, we seek to define and advance the Southeast’s role in the future of health. Serving as a gateway between health industry silos, we seek to facilitate unique and meaningful partnerships.
2019 Featured Speakers — more coming soon!
Opening Remarks: Russ Lipari, CEO & President, Health Connect South
Welcome Keynote: James Weyhenmeyer, PhD, Vice President for Research and Economic Development, Georgia State University
Bridging the gap between investors and healthcare startups
5 Minute Break
How consumers drive healthcare delivery offerings
Moderator: Russell Allen, President & CEO, GeorgiaBio
- Howard Jacob, PhD, EVP Genomic Medicine, Chief Medical Genomics Officer, Faculty Investigator, HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology
- Marie Cameron, FACHE, Professor, Health Administration, Georgia State University
- Guy Scull, CEO & President, CareLink of Northwest Georgia, Inc.
- Steven Fraime, Director, Center for Health Transformation, Wellstar Health Systems
Presenter: Kathryn Lawler, Executive Director, Atlanta Regional Collaborative for Health Improvement (ARCHI)
- Emory and Partners MSM, Georgia Tech Establish Collaborative Diabetes Research Center: Georgia Diabetes Translation Research Center (GDTRC)
- UAB & Hudson Alpha: Genetics initiative to improve health for Alabama residents
- OneFlorida Research Consortium
- Wellstar CHT & GTRI: Solving the PCP access problem in NW Georgia with CareLink
- American Cancer Society & the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) to expand access to 16 essential cancer treatment medications in Africa
Introduction: Meredith Swartz, Outreach Manager, Health Connect South
- Presenter: Benjamin Li, MD & MBA Candidate, Vanderbilt University
- Halyard Health COOLIEF
- Center for Medical Interoperability
- GTRI Wellstar Epic
- Emory Collaborative Network